Apple Farm Recipes
We all love going to the apple farm and picking apples when the fall season comes around. My personal favorite is Honey Crisp apples, they're so tart and juicy, they're such a treat! The only problem with going to the apple farm is that you bring home pounds and pounds of apples and you don't know what to do with them all! Don't worry! I've put together a handful of apple recipes for you to test out with your family this fall after your annual apple picking trip!
5-INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER APPLE CIDER PULLED CHICKEN
• 2 medium sweet, crisp apples (such as Honeycrisp or Fuji), cored and chopped
• 1 medium yellow onion, very thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
• ¾ cup unsweetened apple cider, divided
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1. Place the apples and onions in the base of a 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt, tossing to combine.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with an additional ½ teaspoon salt and garlic powder.
3. Place the chicken on top of the onion and apple mixture. Pour over ½ cup apple cider. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6, or until the chicken very tender and cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Shred with two forks, then place back into the slow cooker, add the remaining ¼ cup apple cider, stirring to combine. Taste and add additional salt or apple cider to taste.
5. Serve with sweet potato or butternut squash fries. (can usually find pre-cut ones in the frozen section).
GREEN CARAMEL APPLE SHAKE
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 frozen apple, peeled and cubed
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened nut butter
• 2 cups spinach
• 2 medjool dates, pitted
• ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tbs lemon juice
• pinch salt
• ½ cup of ice cubes
• 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder/pumpkin spice flavor or collagen powder
• 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
Blend and Enjoy!
Apple Pie Oatmeal
½ cup GF oats
1 cup of almond or coconut milk
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbs shredded coconut
1 tbs flax seeds or chia seeds
½ scoop of protein powder (I use Ancient Nutrition Pumpkin Pie Spice Bone Broth Protein)
½ Honeycrisp apple cut into cubes
top with 1 tbs of almond or peanut butter drizzled on top with honey