Sweet Potato Brownies
Grain-free decadent brownies. Full of protein, fiber and healthy fats!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Bake Time 15-20 minutes
Servings 12 servings
Author Colleen Clesen
· 2 large sweet potatoes, mashed
· ¼ cup sweetener (raw honey, maple syrup or date sugar)
· ¼ cup almond butter
· ¼ cup melted coconut oil
· ½ 100% dark chocolate bar melted
· ¼ cup cocoa powder
· ¼ cup coconut flour
· ¼ cup almond flour
· 1 large egg
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· ¼ cup chia seeds, ground
· 3 scoops of chocolate collagen powder (I use the Thrive Market brand)
· pinch of sea salt
· ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (less than 5g of sugar)
Optional: ¼ cup dark chocolate chips + ¼ cup organic peanut butter melted and drizzled on top!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the sweet potatoes in a baking dish and roast for 20 minutes, or until soft.
2. While sweet potatoes are roasting prepare the rest of the brownie ingredients. Grind up the chia seeds and mix them in with the dry ingredients: coconut flour, almond flour, collagen powder, cocoa powder, salt and mix together.
3. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients: egg, vanilla, almond butter, melted coconut oil, sweetener of choice and melted chocolate bar.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through, cut in half and scoop out the cooked inside into the wet ingredients and mix well. May need a hand mixer for this part to thoroughly incorporate the sweet potato into the wet ingredients.
5. Once mixed add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Grease an 8x8 baking pan and pour the brownie mixture in evenly, may need to grease up your hands and manually spread it out evenly.
7. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until sides brown up just a little bit for a crunch! Depending on how large your pan is these brownies will be chewier in a smaller pan and crunchier in a large pan.
8. Option to melt chocolate & peanut butter together to drizzle on top!
9. Let it cool and cut into 12 bars and enjoy now or will freeze for up to 3 months!