Mediterranean Lemon Chicken
Gluten-free, high protein, quick & easy dinner to get us ready for warmer weather soon!
Course Main Meal
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 3-4 hours (crockpot)
Servings 2-3 servings
Author Colleen Clesen
· 2-3 organic, hormone-free chicken breast
· 1 can of artichokes
· 1 lemon juiced
· ½ cup of kalamata olives
· ½ tsp. salt & ½ tsp. pepper
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· 1 TBS olive oil
· ¼ cup broth
Optional Sides: Cauliflower rice & roasted asparagus
1. In a smaller crockpot drizzle the bottom with olive oil and place the chicken breasts in along with the juice of 1 lemon, broth, and the seasonings.
2. Let the chicken cook on medium-high for about an hour and then add in the artichokes and olives.
3. Continue to cook the chicken on medium-high for about 3-4 hours. Chicken should be fork tender and fall apart when pulled out of the crockpot.
4. Serve chicken over a bed of pan-fried cauliflower rice and roasted asparagus!
*Other option during the warmer months is to prepare this meal on the grill! You can place the chicken, lemon juice, artichokes and olives in a piece of foil, wrapped up tightly and cook on the grill till chicken is cooked all the way through!