Loaded Sweet Potato Chips
This is my go-to weekend meal that satisfies all those cravings with healthy carbs, protein and fat to keep you satisfied and content!
6 slices thick bacon , nitrate-free (can omit if vegetarian)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
2 tablespoons coconut oil, olive oil or ghee
4 green onions , sliced
1 cup spinach chopped
4 eggs can substitute with a can of Eden Organic beans for vegetarian
2 avocados , seeded and peeled
1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
1/3 cup organic cheese of your choice or vegan based cheese
salt , to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon slices until crisp.
3. In a small bowl, combine all spices. Slice the potato into rounds, thinner or thicker depending on your chip preference. If you like soft chips then cut thicker, and if you like crunchy chips then cut thinner. Toss the cut sweet potato chips with the spices and oil of your choice. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make guacamole. Mash avocado with lemon or lime juice in a bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste.
5. When sweet potatoes are nearly done, fry your eggs to your personal preference. I usually cook mine over-easy. If you’re omitting the eggs and using beans then this would be the time to heat them up in a skillet.
6. Place your sweet potato chips on a plate and top with eggs, guacamole, bacon, green onions, spinach and cheese of your choice. If you’d like the cheese to melt more first then place it on top of the sweet potatoes the last 5 minutes it is in the oven.