Homemade Gummy Bears
Who doesn't love gummy bears!?! These gummy bears are gluten-free and refined-sugar-free. They are also made with high-quality beef gelatin that is great for your hair, skin & nails as well as for your bones and digestive tract. They're the perfect snack during the day or if you want a snack to calm you down before bed add some magnesium to this recipe and you've got yourself a relaxing treat sure to help you sleep!
· 2-3 cup of fruit ( I used frozen blueberries and dark cherries)
· ¼ lemon juice
· 4 heaping TBS Beef Gelatin
· 2-3 TBS honey
· Extras: 2-3 TBS Magnesium/Potassium/Calcium Blend
*I used Natural Calm Mag-Cal blend, Zen Principle Beef Gelatin, and silicone BPA free gummy bear molds. These can all be purchased online through Amazon.
1. Thaw your fruit of choice out or microwave for 30 seconds to defrost.
2. In a blender add the fruit and honey and blend on high until smooth.
3. In a small bowl add the gelatin to the lemon juice and stir in until all the gelatin is incorporated into the lemon juice. (this will get thick as the gelatin blooms!)
4. In a medium sauce pan add the fruit/honey mixture and place on low heat, after a minute on low heat you can add in the lemon and gelatin mixture.
5. Stir the gelatin into the fruit mixture until it is completely dissolved.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat. You can now add the magnesium mixture if you’d like. Stir it in gently, it will foam up a bit, let the foam settle before squeezing the gelatin mixture into the gummy bear trays.
7. Next, pour into your silicone molds or a large glass dish (to cut into squares).
8. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or until it solidifies and then store in an airtight container in the fridge!