Grain-Free Pizza Crust
Gluten-free & grain-free pizza crust alternative!
Course Main Course
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Servings 1 personal pizza
Author Colleen Clesen
Pizza Crust Ingredients:
· ½ cup garbanzo bean flour
· ¼ cup of water (use sparingly)
· 1 teaspoon salt and ½ tsp pepper
· 1 tsp oregano (optional)
· 1 Tablespoon olive oil
· 1 Zucchini Sliced
· ¼ Onion chopped
· ½ cup Spinach
· ¼ cup Mushrooms
· ¼ cup organic goat cheese mozzarella (or cheese of your choice if you want cow’s milk or vegan cheese)
· Any other toppings of your choice: chicken sausage, olives, arugula, artichokes, kale, broccoli, etc.….
Pesto Sauce: (can omit and replace with marinara sauce if you prefer red sauce over pesto)
· ¼ cup fresh basil
· ¼ cup almonds/cashews/walnuts or sunflower seeds
· ¼ cup of water
· ½ lemon juiced
· 2 tablespoons of olive oil
· 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 clove of raw garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add all of the crust ingredients into a bowl and stir until a ball forms.
3. Pour the dough onto a pizza stone or I use an 8” round baking pan and shape into a pizza round with your hands. I suggest rubbing your hands with olive oil first to help you spread out the dough evenly.
4. Bake the crust for 12 minutes and then remove from the oven. While it is baking you can prep the toppings and pesto sauce.
5. In a blender add the basil, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, water, garlic salt, nuts/seeds of your choice, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Blend till smooth.
6. Sauté the vegetables with the oil or non-stick cooking spray in a pan at medium heat. Add any seasonings such as sea salt, pepper or oregano.
7. After the crust has baked for 12 minutes pull it out and top with sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted!