Energy Protein Balls
Delicious protein balls to nourish your body and help balance out hormones naturally.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Servings Makes 12 balls-1 ball/serving
Author Colleen Clesen
· 4-6 Medjool dates
· 1/4 cup hulled hemp seed
· 1/4 cup chia seed
· 1/2 cup raw seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
· ¼ cup freshly ground flax seeds
· 2 scoops of protein powder (I use vanilla Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein)
· 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
· Optional: 2 tablespoons of 80% dark chocolate or raw cacao nibs
· 2 tablespoons almond butter
· roughly ¼ cup almond milk (add slowly to mixture)
· Add dates into processor and process until a chunky paste forms.
· Add in the hemp, chia seeds, seed mixture of your choice, protein powder, vanilla, cinnamon, almond butter and salt. Process until thoroughly combined. Pulse in the cacao nibs/chocolate.
· Slowly add the almond milk until a sticky paste forms, not too runny. Should look like the consistency of raw cookie dough.
· Shape dough into small balls (about 16) and freeze for 20 minutes or so until firm. Store leftovers in the freezer until your next snack attack hits. Stores in fridge for up to 2 weeks in sealed container