Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Grain-free coconut chocolate chip cookies. Great for a quick snack or sweet treat!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Bake Time 10-12 minutes
Servings 14 servings
Author Colleen Clesen
· 3 TBS ground flaxseed
· ½ cup almond flour (can ground raw almonds if you do not have almond flour on hand)
· ½ cup unsweetened almond butter
· 2 TBS coconut flour
· 3 TBS dried coconut flakes
· ½ tsp sea salt
· ½ tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
· 1 egg
· ¼ cup of coconut sugar
· ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs (make sure the chocolate has less than 5-6grams of sugar)
· 2 TBS coconut oil or ghee, melted
· 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl mix together the ground flaxseed, coconut flour, almond flour & butter, dried coconut, coconut sugar, baking powder, and sea salt.
3. Once the dry ingredients are incorporated you can add in the wet ingredients: egg, oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar.
4. Once the cookie batter is thoroughly mixed, gently stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough. Roll it into balls and place them on the baking sheet and gently press them down in the center. Since these are not traditional cookies they will not spread the same, this is why we press them down in the center to help them spread out.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies start to turn golden brown. Let them cool before removing from the baking sheet so they stay intact!
7. Store the cookies in an air-tight container for 5 days, 10-12 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer!