Chicken Goat Cheese Quesadillas
A simple and healthy meal for those evenings when you're running short on time. Packed full of healthy proteins and fats that the whole family will enjoy.
· 4-6 Siete tortillas
· 3-4 TBS goat cheese
· 1 TBS avocado oil
· ¼ cup bone broth (if cooking in crockpot)
· salt & pepper to taste
· 1-2 organic chicken breast grilled or cooked in the crockpot
· 1 cup spinach or kale chopped
· Optional: sliced cherry tomatoes or chopped green onions
1. You will want to start off by cooking your chicken breast to your liking. I prefer to cook the chicken in a small crockpot. Add in the bone broth, chicken breast, salt and pepper and cook on medium-high for 2 hours. Once the chicken is cooked through, take it out and shred the chicken with two forks.
2. Once your chicken is cooked you can assemble your quesadillas. In a large skillet heat the avocado oil.
3. Place a tortilla in the skillet and top it with chicken, leafy greens, and 1 tbs of goatcheese (and any additional toppings). Place a second tortilla on top and let the cheese melt the two tortillas together. You can always place a cast iron skillet on top of the tortillas to melt them together.
4. Continue to do assemble the rest of the quesadillas with the remaining ingredients.
5. Cut into triangles and enjoy!