Breakfast Protein Muffins
These muffins are a staple in my house. I make them almost every Sunday when I have time to. They're easy a delicious in the morning with a side of fresh fruit! You can change up the flavors each time you make them by using different flavored protein powder or switching up the fruit and nuts you add in!
Makes 6 large muffins
· 1 cup oat flour
· ¼ cup chia seeds
· ¼ cup ground flax seeds
· 3-4 scoops of protein powder (I use Ancient Nutrition Pumpkin Spice Bone Broth Protein Powder)
· 2 TBS coconut oil
· 1 large egg
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 2 TBS honey
· ½ cup of coconut milk
· Optional: ¼ cup seeds, nuts, or fruit (chopped walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, chopped apples, or blueberries)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl combine your dry ingredients: oat flour, chia seeds, flaxseeds, protein powder, and baking powder.
2. To your dry mix add in your wet ingredients: egg, milk, and coconut oil. The mixture should thick, if it is too dry then you can always add more coconut milk.
3. Once all incorporated add in your nuts, fruits or seeds and fold in evenly.
4. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and pour the batter in evenly. The batter will make 6 large breakfast muffins.
5. Bake the muffins for 35-40 minutes at 350F or until the tops are golden brown.
6. Store the muffins in the refrigerator for up to a week and heat them up in the microwave for 30-45 seconds before serving. Top with a drizzle of almond butter!