Gluten-free & dairy-free banana bread perfect for a snack or breakfast!
Course Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
Prep Time 5 minutes
Bake Time 45-50 minutes
Servings 1 loaf, 12 slices
Author Colleen Clesen
· 3 ripe bananas, mashed
· 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
· 1 cup of oat flour can substitute for almond flour if you want grain free
· 2 tbs coconut flour
· 3 tbs ground flax seeds
· 3 tbs ground chia seeds
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
· 1/3 cup of raw honey OR 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· Optional: 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or 1/3 cup chopped walnuts & ½ banana sliced to place on top of the bread for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl mash the banana and add in the vanilla, honey, almond milk, melted coconut oil and eggs. Mix together until the majority of the banana chunks are blended nicely.
3. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients: oat flour, coconut flour, ground flax seeds, ground chia seeds, baking powder, and cinnamon.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients till batter is formed.
5. Gently toss in any optional ingredients: dark chocolate chips or walnuts.
6. In a greased bread pan, or you can bake this in an 8x8 brownie pan to make banana bread bars instead, pour the batter evenly and top with sliced bananas for decoration in an even pattern.
7. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Store on the counter for 3-5 days, in the refrigerator for 7-10 days or slice and freeze for up to 3 months!
9. Enjoy toasted with some ghee or peanut butter!